These are definitely challenging times for us all. COVID19 updates, conditions, government protocols and industry measures are continually changing, though we provide the following info that we know of at this time:
- In general, the Canadian/U.S. supply chain and transportation/distribution systems remain strong. Our partner carriers in small package and LTL truck services remain fully operational at this point.
- Complete Shipping Solutions / CSS SMARTT Shipping Online have instituted multiple internal protocols designed to safeguard health, including travel limitations, heightened cleaning and disinfecting of our facilities, careful contingency planning, and self-quarantine as required to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, our customers and the general public.
- Some carriers have advised freight will not be held for pick up at the depots as a precautionary measure to lessen contact between people.
- Some drivers are not obtaining physical signatures at this time to mitigate the risk of contact and spread of the virus. They will obtain the name of the receiver and note that a signature was not obtained. Others are equipped with sanitizer and wipes for their handheld devices.
- It’s crucial to ensure prior to shipping that your consignee will be accepting the shipment. Carriers may return any refused or undeliverable freight to the shipper as capacity for storage is minimal and it is essential to prevent backlog in carrier networks at this time.
- Electronic communications – To the extent possible, our employees will look to interact with customers, vendors and others via telephone, email, and other forms of digital communication in lieu of face-to-face meetings. Signing for deliveries and other exchange of paperwork will take place electronically to the extent possible.
- Visitation protocols: We are making the effort to limit both internal and external face to face meetings by leveraging the use of technology whenever possible. CSS SMARTT Shipping’s Contact Us tab provides access to Instant Chat with us, text/email us or telephone us toll free. We conduct CSS SMARTT Shipping training sessions via remote screen share and have many tutorial/instructions videos online and in our Videos tab in the software interface to help you.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us
Leave a comment